Monday, December 15, 2003

a Trip

What makes the trip most memorable is the people. This is the first time i went for a holiday trip with alvin & his family (excluding the kukup trip because it is way too short to be considered as a trip). I have been to Melaka, but this time round, everything felt different. The place did not seem familiar, the architecture of the buildings are magnificent, the heritage is quite an eye-opener, the food is unique. I dun know why, this trip actually made me miss my home & family more than ever. I suddenly miss talking to my mum & dad, miss sitting in his car, miss listening to all my sister's whining, miss my brother's irritating face, miss spending time with my family. I think its high time i should go back home. I realised i haven been a good daughter after all.

Secondly, what really soften me was when alvin said. " I wouldnt go for another trip without bringing you along". At that point of time, i was a little stonned, or rather, stunned. I didnt know how to react to his comment. Ive never really thought about this aspect of having him around. In fact, my life will not be complete without him. From the first day he came into my life until now, he has already become part of me. Am i too dependent on him? I dun want to, but i realise it is inevitable. I love him. Deeply.

The trip is good. It is relaxing. Believe me when i say it is good. Before going to melaka, i kept questioning myself. Why should i join alvin's family for a holiday trip that is so long, will i feel uncomfortable? Is melaka really such a great place where i can stay there for 5 days? I am so so wrong. When i first got back and stepped into my room, i started to think of all the unfinished work that i am suppose to settle, all the trainings that i have missed so far, the pile of laundry awaiting me, the toe nails that i have yet to trim, my room which is still dirty before i left....hey...its never-ending, the list can just go on and on. To be away from a place which you are so familiar with can be relaxing. I really threw away the bulk of my worries, my responsiblities, i left them all behind, locked in my room. a Trip - is good. Furthermore, by going to this trip, its not only an eye-opener to the very preserved heritage and all the small little interesting display and gallaries, but also an eye-opener to his family. 5 days of watching & listening....they are all nice folks. In fact, i felt that his sister feels more comfortable to talk to me now than before. I get to know how they 'work', how they organise things, their threshold and tolerance level. Their generosity, their language, their principle, their jokes, their fav music & even their very different taste, for food, for items that they bought. In fact...i really picked up a number of things from this trip.

Maybe, all these are only the beginning...











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home