All Hyped Up
After a mini tryTRI relay with two of the front office guys for my first OSIM Corporate Triathlon, i must say i'm now pretty hyped up to try out my individual mini triatlon next July. I have long planned to do it this year and decided not to do it cause i felt i wasnt at all ready - first - i cant swim free style for nuts and i cant possibly compete with breast stroke in the sea. Second - I dont have a bike which is really quite a hindrance. Witnessing yesterday's race, i was relief that i didnt even attempt to try the individual this year because using a mountain bike is definitely not the way to go, seeing all the racers zoom past the mountain bikers with lesser efforts. Well, im on my way in learning how to swim free style though im still quite shy in trying since i almost always nearly drown and feel like i cant breathe whenever i swim free style in the pool. Neverthless, i have more than half a year for me to practise. As for the bike part, i will have to start thinking of some concrete plans. Anybody wants to contribute to buy-shuwen-a-racer fund? Thank You. :)
I am also quite hyped up about my coming exam this dec 3rd. As the date draws nearer, the more nervous i get. I actually skipped gym today for a stay home to study sunday which is quite unlike me actually. Well, its now or never and it is just less than a month of sacrifice! Even if i dont make it in the end, i knew at least i tried putting in some effort during the last bit of the time left. I must confess that i havent been putting enough effort and attention to my exam and i realised it is not all about intelligence and talent. If you are born not as smart, work hard-er. I talked to a couple of friends and colleagues who have passed their level one and whenever i ask for tips, without fail the answer is always synonymous - YOU HAVE TO SACRIFICE AND WORK VERY HARD AND THERE ARE NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT. Im worried still cause i havent been working hard for the past dont know how many months, but lets hope this last pep talk for myself works a little wonder.
Shall post a few pictures of my tri once i get them.
I am also quite hyped up about my coming exam this dec 3rd. As the date draws nearer, the more nervous i get. I actually skipped gym today for a stay home to study sunday which is quite unlike me actually. Well, its now or never and it is just less than a month of sacrifice! Even if i dont make it in the end, i knew at least i tried putting in some effort during the last bit of the time left. I must confess that i havent been putting enough effort and attention to my exam and i realised it is not all about intelligence and talent. If you are born not as smart, work hard-er. I talked to a couple of friends and colleagues who have passed their level one and whenever i ask for tips, without fail the answer is always synonymous - YOU HAVE TO SACRIFICE AND WORK VERY HARD AND THERE ARE NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT. Im worried still cause i havent been working hard for the past dont know how many months, but lets hope this last pep talk for myself works a little wonder.
Shall post a few pictures of my tri once i get them.



2 Comments:
.. was gonna post this on DUO NOTION, but it's Blogger specific :-( so .. here it is:
Wine for Asia! wow! Sue & I have been twice (if not thrice!) .. also as trade persons ;-) well, my mate Howie is really a wine dealer. I can recall having LOADS of excellent Italian wine & pasta, & great German sausages. Unlike the wine "experts", who so wastefully "taste & spit", I just got wasTED!! :-p
Oh, i didnt even know i set it the comments for blogger specific, got it fix!
Next year we can go to wine for asia together! Hehe, hopefully we will be able to go in as trade visitors again.
What kind of wine does howie deal in? Australian? Ya, saw a couple of 'wine experts' who poured out almost half a glass of wine and spit out 1/3 of it and then threw away the rest - what a waste and really i dont think it was an appropriate way to 'taste' wine!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home